Bankcheckingsavings has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Bankcheckingsavings and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
If you’re a frequent flyer, the Chase British Airways Visa Signature® Card will definitely benefit you! Upon approval, you have the opportunity to earn up to 120,000 bonus Avios!
Earn 4 Avios for every $1 spent on all purchases within your first year up to $30,000. That’s up to 120,000 bonus Avios. Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you’ll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years.
After the initial year, you will then earn 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
On top of that, there is no foreign transaction fee to worry about! For more details on this card, see below!
Chase British Airways Visa Signature Card Summary
With the British Airways Visa Signature® Card:
• Earn 4 Avios for every $1 spent on all purchases within your first year up to $30,000. That's up to 120,000 bonus Avios
• Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you'll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years.
• 4 Avios for every $1 spent on all purchases up to $30,000 in the first 12 months from account opening, you will then earn 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
• Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad.
• Simply tap to pay with your contactless British Airways Visa Signature Card. Just look for the contactless symbol at checkout. It's fast, easy and secure!
Learn More About This Card Here
Redeem your Avios for hotels stays, car rentals, and trip experiences.
Because British Airways is a member of the Oneworld airline alliance, you can use your Avios to book flights on any of their partner airlines. These partners include Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, AirBerlin, Finnair, Japan Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, and more. Use your Avios to travel to many destinations around the world on many different airlines, both domestically and internationally.
Plus, the program uses a distance-based award chart, rather than a traditional region-based chart. Stick with a single flight carrier and take the most direct route to get the most out of your Avios when you redeem them for flights.
The British Airways Visa Signature® Card provides some standard travel and purchase protection for those who use this card. Here are some more perks that may entice you:
- Pay with Avios & Cash: You can redeem every cent of your rewards with the Avios & Cash option, even if you haven’t earned that many. This gives you flexibility on how you use your rewards.
- Travel Together Ticket: If you make more than $30,000 in purchases in a calendar year, you can earn one Travel Together ticket. This allows you to bring a companion for free on a flight purchased with Avios. You must redeem the ticket within two years of it being issued. Plus, you’ll have to pay taxes and other fees on the companion ticket. This is a good perk for those who already spend a lot annually anyways.
- No Foreign Transaction Fee: Travel internationally and make purchases with your British Airways Visa Signature® Card. You won’t have to pay any foreign transaction fees.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to earn bonus Avios if you’re already a frequent flyer and spend quite a bit! If this sounds like you, definitely take advantage of the British Airways Visa Signature® Card.
With a $95 annual fee, this card will only be viable for those that actually fly with British Airways or its Oneworld partners often, considering that there’s no excessive everyday spending category attached. Make sure you’re able to calculate if this card has a spot in your wallet, depending on your spending habits. If it doesn’t, find our complete list of credit card promotions today!
Learn more about this card and its features here.