The point earning is a categorized spend of 3x the points per $1 spent. You will be automatically enrolled and better yet, there’s no point caps and no uncommon category to worry about. Now, the 3x on office supplies isn’t really new news considering Chase Ink’s 5x on Office Supplies but what you have to consider is the “Computer Equipment Merchants” category which could be useful at stores like Best Buy that sells VISA Gift Cards as well.
This is a card that I could only describe as “Modest” for quite some time considering that there’s no application links open to the public and it seems to have been unfortunately a forgotten member of the ThankYou Family.
Editor’s Note: This card is only available in-branch only. Certain regions do offer a 40,000 ThankYou Point Bonus; If you’re stuck with a less-intriguing 20,000 TY Points, consider doing a match-up to the 40,000 offer.
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM Get $300 when you open a new Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM account and set up direct deposit. Access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,100 branches. Customer earns interest. No Chase fee on first four non-Chase ATM transactions. Learn More---Chase Premier Plus Checking Review
Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM Earn a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit. Also earn a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 10 days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. Learn More---Chase Total Checking + Savings Review
Chase College CheckingSM Earn a $50 bonus when you open a new Chase College Checking account then enroll in paperless statements and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening. Open a convenient checking account where you can bank on the go, get access to Chase QuickPay® and so much more! Learn More---Chase College Checking Review
Citi ThankYou Preferred Card Summary:
- Maximum Bonus: 20,000 ThankYou Points
- Spending Requirement: You must spend $3,000 within 3 months of account opening.
- Annual Fee: None
- Bonus Worth: The 20,000 ThankYou Points can be redeemed for $200 worth of gift cards
- Expiration Date: None
- Additional Advice: This is not the card you want to use for travel and on foreign soil with a nasty 3% Foreign Transaction Fee.
- Alternative Credit Card Bonuses:
CitiBusiness ThankYou Card Features:
- Earn an anniversary ThankYou Point bonus each membership year
- 3x points per $1 in quarterly rotating categories (you’re automatically enrolled, there is no points cap and the categories have always stayed the same)
- 1x points per $1 spent
- 0% Introductory APY for six months
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- No annual fee
This will be based on a card member year:
- First Year: Receive a 1% bonus
- Second Year: Receive a 2% bonus
- Third Year+: Receive a 3% bonus
This bonus will be applied to the base earning rate which is 1x the point per $1 spent. Again, this will not include any bonus points such as the 3x Categories or the sign-up bonus. So you’ll get a maximum additional .03 points per $1 spent which will be automatically posted at the end of each card member year.
CitiBusiness ThankYou Card Requirements:
- Apply for the CitiBusiness ThankYou Card IN-Branch only.
- Accomplish the spending requirement of $3,000 within 3 months.
- If you’re offered the 20,000 TY Points, you can always take the offer and get a match-up to an attractive 40,000 TY Points. Note that for a no annual fee card; 40,000 TY Points is quite the generous offer.
- No annual fee
- Anniversary TY Point Bonus
- Rotating Categories
- 3% foreign transaction fee
You can apply for the CitiBusiness ThankYou Card in-branch. Perhaps, you’ll be able to get the 40,000 ThankYou point bonus. Note that Citi treats their business cards under the Citi 24 Month’s Rule separately from their personal cards. Now, I highly recommend this card if it’s readily available with the 40,000 ThankYou Bonus, otherwise, you can always try your luck getting a match-up to that amount. Many of you are probably wondering why I put the rotating category as a “Con,” but being frankly honest, their 3x point category is quite useful and the 3rd quarter is pretty swell! Find our complete list of Credit Card Promotions today!
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card offers a $200 bonus and a pretty decent unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases with no caps whatsoever. On top of that, you'll receive 1.8% cash back on all Apple Pay & Android Pay purchases for the first twelve months and with no annual fee, it makes this card a wonderful daily credit card. To earn the $200 bonus you must spend at least $1,000 within the first 3 months of card opening. Apply Now---Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Review|