Popular Direct Savings account is currently earning 1.40% APY. Unfortunately, this rate only applies to deposits between $5k and $25k. Of course if you’re able to achieve a $5k minimum in deposits, then I recommend opening an account with them. Make your savings simple with an account that delivers high yields. Expect features such as competitive rates and secure access to your money online and mobile, interest compounded daily, and peace of mind knowing your deposits are FDIC ensured. All Popular Direct deposits are offered by, and will be opened through, Banco Popular North America (BPNA).
Popular Direct Savings Account Summary:
- Apply Now
- Account Type: Popular Direct Savings Account
- Rate: 1.40% APY
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: None
- Soft/Hard Pull: Soft Pull or Hard Pull? Let us know
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Additional Requirements: You must open the account with $5,000 minimum funding requirement.
- Monthly Fee:
- $4 monthly service fee if the balance on any day is below $500.
- Early Termination Fee: $25 early closing fee if account is closed within 180 days of opening. $5 monthly dormancy fee if there has been no activity for 12 months.
Popular Direct Savings Account Requirements:
- Sign up for Popular Direct’s Savings Acount to earn 1.40% APY for up to $5,000+.
- Make the minimum opening deposit of at least $5,000.
- Maintain the account for at least 180 days or a $25 early closing fee will apply for accounts closed within 180 days of opening.
Popular Direct Savings Fine Print:
- For all applicable fees please refer to our “Schedule of Fees”.
- Customers will earn interest paid but not interest accrued as of the account closing date.
- An “External Account” is an existing deposit account that you own at another US financial institution and you have successfully validated through the External Account function in Popular Direct Online Banking.
- You cannot change your External Account during the first 60 calendar days after opening your Popular Direct account.
- Thereafter, you may change your External Account. However, each time you change your External Account, you may not change it for 60 calendar days
- We reserve the right to change our fees, charges, balance requirements, Interest Rate, and APY. We will notify you of any changes as required by law.
- If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.
For those of you looking for a great rate on a savings account, apply for a Popular Direct Savings account and you could earn yourself an attractive 1.40% APY when you make the minimum deposit of $5,000+ and maintain it. Keep in mind that Popular Direct Savings is top-notch banking with exceptional rates on their products.
Keep in mind that there is a $25 early closing fee if your account is closed within 180 days of account opening. There will also be a $5 monthly dormancy fee if your account has had no activity for 12 months. $4 monthly fees apply if your account balance is below $500. 1.40% APY is beyond attractive and deserves a spot on our best savings rates from exclusive list nationwide!
|Barclaycard CashForwardTM World Mastercard® is offering a $200 cashback bonus after you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening. With this card, you'll have the ability to earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase. As an added bonus, every time you redeem, get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward your next redemption. Keep in mind that cash rewards do not expire as long as your account is open, active, and in good standing. With no annual fee, this card definitely has some great benefits so read on if you're interested! Apply Now---Barclaycard CashForwardTM World Mastercard® Review|